April 09, 2011

Art from the Heart

Journal 4-1

I.
               Last week I was very curious as to how the Artinians from Sound and Fury were doing today. After lots of research, an exact answer has not been found.
               I have read through the Sound and Fury website, as well as many, many other sources, and a direct response to this question has not been found. I assume that the Artinians want to live their lives free from the media, so they do not publish a lot of updates. I did find one recent picture though; it is shown below. Who knows, maybe they will make another documentary again soon?



II.
               This past week in Ethic's Class was a very interesting and diverse one. At the beginning of the week, we talked about turning the world inside out through art, and the film Promises. We also spent some time talking about our HIP projects, and we had a very special guest speaker come in to talk to us about grant writing. All in all, it was a very interesting week in class!



               This week we covered so much, so it is hard to choose my favorite topic! After thinking about it though, I would probably have to say that JR's TED Talk was one of my favorite activities. I had never heard of this idea before, and I thought it was really amazing! I thought it was neat to see him turn from illegal graffiti to multifunctional art! I thought that the comparison portraits of Palestinians and Israelis were very interesting and tied very well into our next topic! I can't believe that the people in the film couldn't distinguish between the two, but still hated the opposite culture! How can you hate someone if you don't even know who they are?!? I think that goes to show the ridiculousness of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict!


                On Friday, the "official grant guru" came in to talk to us about writing grants. We didn't really have a chance to discuss our thoughts in class since we ran up to the bell. Before Friday, I didn't really have a good idea as to how complex grants are! I knew they were long, but I didn't know that there were extremely strict guidelines! I also didn't know that you could go to jail if you didn't fulfill your idea!!! I thought that she had a ton of valuable information, as well as many new ideas and resources that could help us with our projects.
 
III.
               After a lot of talk about JR and is art projects, I am curious as to what he is to now? What is his next big idea?



Please stay tuned for the answer next week!

Sources

Inside out project. (2011, April 9). Retrieved from http://platinumcheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/riojr2.jpg

Inside out project:a global art project. (2011, April 9). Retrieved from http://www.insideoutproject.net/ 

Photo gallery. (2011, April 9). Retrieved from http://www.soundandfuryfilm.com/sixyears/index.php?section=photos 

Promesses. (2011, April 9). Retrieved from http://www.cinemagora.co.uk/ movie-4143-promises.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment